ASTA Global Live Education Sessions
Created to address the challenges and new opportunities that face travel advisors in the Post-COVD19 World.
The COVID-19 crisis has affected travel around the globe and will undoubtedly reshape our world as the pandemic continues to unfold. While the fallout from the crisis has both amplified familiar risks and created new ones, changes at this scale also create ways to innovate and the opportunity to build back your business better and stronger.
ASTA Global Live education sessions will focus on the difficulties we as an industry are facing today, how we can help kick start and re-energize travel, and identify new opportunities that inspire creative business solutions during difficult times.
With more than 28 sessions ranging from top industry CEOs engaged in open dialog on rebuilding an industry, to diving into the details of your business whether large or small, you can count on ASTA’s educational sessions to include topics should as:
- Evolution of the Travel Product in a Post-Pandemic World. Learn what the new normal will mean to you as an advisor and what to do to accelerate your business. Hear firsthand from agencies that have successfully pivoted their strategy and how they predict their strategy change again in the next twelve months.
- Leaders Under Stress. One in three leaders routinely buckle under pressure and a leading cause is their inability to communicate in high stakes, stressful situations. Dive into the latest research about the impact of a leader's communication, as well as how and why dialogue directly correlates with team morale and team results. Gain actionable skills to achieve dialogue in crucial moments.
- The Psychology of the Sale. As travelers navigate the new normal, the psychology of the sale matters more than ever. Understand how the strategy for qualifying a traveler, overcoming sales objections, and closing a sale will evolve and expand post-pandemic and what the psychographics of consumer travel are likely to be in late 2020 and into early 2021.
- Restoring Consumer Confidence in Travel. Straight from the C-Suites of the biggest travel suppliers, gain vital and timely knowledge about what travel’s biggest brands are doing to keep your clients healthy. Walk away with the information you need to advise and educate your clients with confidence, enabling them to make informed travel decisions impactful to their health and wellbeing in this new world.
- Business Best Practices in a Virtual World. When transitioning to an online environment, running a business is anything but business as usual. From successfully setting goals and expectations to managing projects and optimizing processes to creating a supportive online community for employees, learn where a virtual world can take the travel agency business. Fellow advisors will share lessons learned and their growth and success stories from over the past months.
- Plus, ASTA Verified Travel Advisor Certification Program (VTA) Courses
We'll be offering live courses from the ASTA Verified Travel Advisor Certification Program (VTA). Individuals who are currently enrolled or interested in enrolling can take part in these live courses and jump-start their studies. Learn more about the program at ASTA.org/ASTAVTA.
|Eben Peck - Executive Vice President, Advocacy|
Since 2017, Eben Peck has served as Executive Vice President, Advocacy at the American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA), where is he responsible for ASTA’s work to advocate for the travel agency community at all levels of government, within the travel industry and before the traveling public. This includes management of ASTA’s Government Affairs, Industry Affairs, Communications, Legal and Research functions, and ranges from day-to-day association management to federal/state government affairs to interaction with national and trade media, travel suppliers and industry groups to content for ASTA’s annual conference and other events.
From 2012 to 2017, he served as ASTA’s Vice President, Government Affairs and Senior Vice President, Government Public Affairs, with a heavy focus on the Society’s core advocacy functions – federal and state lobbying, regulatory compliance and ASTA’s political action committee. Accomplishments of note during this period include legislative and regulatory “wins” that saved the industry an estimated $563 million in new taxes, fees and other costs and more than quadrupling annual PAC receipts to over $230,000.
Peck joined ASTA after seven years with the Corporation of Public Broadcasting (CPB), where he served most recently as Senior Director, Government Affairs. At CPB, Peck was the primary liaison between CPB and the federal government, responsible for CPB’s appropriations requests; managing relationships with government relations offices of other national public broadcasting organizations; and briefing the CPB Board of Directors on federal developments.
Prior to joining CPB, Eben served for five years on the staff of U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME), acting as the Senator’s policy advisor and representative for several legislative issues, including transportation, homeland security, labor and appropriations.
He graduated from Colby College in Waterville, Maine with a BA in History in 1998 and in 2009 earned his Master of Arts in Government degree from the Johns Hopkins University, with his thesis on Congressional earmarks earning honors as well as the William F. Clinger, Jr., Award for Assessing a Topic in Institutional or Representative Government Using Original Research and Displaying Superior Writing.
He lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with his wife Colette, daughter Lucy and son Stuart.
Sessions for Eben Peck
|Time||Session Title||Speaker(s)||Session Type|
Tuesday, August 25
|2:15pm - 3:00pm||» The Latest on ASTA Efforts to Support Your Business||